Friday, September 25

Fall 2015 Outfit 4

(I was at home sick in my lounge wear yesterday. I will spare you the pictures of that!)

This is about to become my Friday uniform:


Everything in this outfit is new. The jersey, the jeans, the shoes, even the tank top. Surprisingly, it doesn't give me a ton of joy to wear the "new stuff", but maybe because these are things I had already worn before the capsule really started.  

Let's talk about the jersey in this post. I have plenty to say about the jeans and the shoes, but that will come in a later post.  :)

Growing up, I wasn't a HUGE football fan. My dad watched most games, and many of my cousins are into football. I went to some high school football games, but that wasn't really what my social circle did. Then I went to a college that didn't even have a football team, so football kind of left my life.  I still watched the Superbowl, like most other Americans.    

Then, about 2 years ago, Sam really, really, really got into football. Not just football, but really got into his hometown football team, the Seahawks. (Yes, the year leading up to when we won the Superbowl.)  He is so into it that we redecorated his room with a Seahawks theme. Over the last couple of years, it has kind of become his and my thing.  We watch football (and soccer - I really want Sounders season tickets for the 2 of us!) together.  I love it.  It is something that I am hoping will transcend those teenage angst years.  We'll see though. Maybe football will become uncool to him.  

Back to the jersey. I avoided getting a jersey just because Sam had one. They are expensive and frankly, I wasn't excited about sporting the Fan 12 jersey that a lot of people wear.  I was contemplating getting the 24 (Lynch) or 25 (Sherman) jerseys because I like those players, but I never could convince myself to do it.

Then we traded for Jimmy Graham. And then Jimmy Graham chose number 88.  That's when I knew I needed a jersey. Not because I have followed Jimmy Graham's career or have a particular liking of him, but because of the number.  You see, when I was 8 years old, 88 was my nickname given to me by my cousins (some of those football loving cousins) and it has stuck with me through the years.

It all comes full circle, right?

(And I really hope Graham does some great things this season!)

(And apologies to abandoning the Green Bay Packers that my family loves so much.  Seattle has become my hometown, so they are my team!)

(And yes, I feel like a fair weather fan at this point...)
  

No comments: