Tuesday, June 9

Summer Capsule Thoughts

I am in the midst of planning the summer capsule and I have to admit, I am really struggling with this one.

For some reason, I just don't want to spend any money.  I am not sure if it is because I love my summer clothes or I just don't see the need to spend money on clothes I wear for 3 months of the year.  Maybe it is because we have NO clue what this summer will be like.  If the spring is any indication, it will be a hot one, but who knows around here, it could turn into a crappy summer at the drop of a hat.  Maybe it is a combination of all of the above.

I think part of the struggle is that I love dresses in the summer.  It is just so easy.  But, I don't have enough dresses to get me to a full wardrobe.  And well, I don't want to buy any more if I am not going to wear them a lot.  Plus, I do want to have the option to wear shorts and capris, and I need at least 1 pair of jeans.  I think I just don't know what my summer style is. 

So, for the first time, I am taking some advice that my friend A gave me and I am not assuming that anything is staying. I am trying it all on and deciding if it really works for the summer. It is a much slower process this time.

 

No comments: