Wednesday, September 24

Fall 2014 Capsule Wardrobe Day 1

I am going to use this blog to document my outfits from my first attempt at a capsule wardrobe. Hopefully it will help me track what I really wear v. what I think I wear and give me insight into the next capsule. I am also considering a spreadsheet because, well, I love that kind of data! I will try to write more about capsule wardrobes (visit Un-fancy for the basics).

I decided to start my Fall capsule wardrobe on the second day of fall, rather than September 28, like I had planned, for many reasons.  I like the idea of changing my capsules on the first official day of the season, so I will stick with it.


Outfit for Day 1 (work at home day):
Straight leg jeans (NYDJ)
Plain white, v-neck t-shirt
Galaxy 3/4 zip top
Dansko clogs

Very casual outfit, but good enough for dropping off kids, picking up Sam from school and hanging out at home. I could wear my converse sneakers instead of the clogs, but it is pretty wet out there. Layering is essential right now because we still get decent swings in temperatures throughout the day.

Also check out The Small Things Blog, where I first heard of capsule wardrobe (and for some awesome hair tutorials) and my friend A, who is also doing a capsule wardrobe (and she does a ton of awesome stuff with paper and photos!)
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Where did you get that shirt? I want one too!!

OK, I want one for my wishlist, I guess since the shopping window has closed.

Love that you started a blog and are posting actual outfit photos.

adrianne said...

I got it at a Reebok closeout sale last year. I don't know if they make it any more,