Monday, September 29

Fall 2014 Day 6

Short Work Day

Capsule items:
  • Gray Cardigan
  • Cream Lace Top with Gold/Tan Camisole underneath
  • Red Pencil Skirt
  • Black Kitten Heels


Many thanks to YY who took pictures of me today.

I am still very unsure about this red pencil skirt.  The red-orange color makes it hard to pair with things other than neutrals.  Even when I was picking out my capsule items, I just wasn't sure if this skirt fit my color scheme.  I also convinced myself that I needed a little more color in my work wardrobe, so I kept it in this capsule, but I don't know if it will carry over to the next one.  I have at least 1 or 2 more outfits in my head that use it, so it isn't a "wasted" item.

I do think that if I had tried this skirt on, I might have held it over to a future capsule.  That's a good lesson learned for me when I start planning the winter capsule.  Try it all on.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it! I'm not doing a separate winter capsule though I may swap out a few things.

adrianne said...

I will be doing a winter one, but I expect that many of these pieces will carry over. I am hoping that by revisiting things every 3 months, it will help me weed out stuff that I am just not sure about, like maybe that red pencil skirt. ;)