Thursday, November 6

Fall 2014 Day 44

Thursday!
  • Tan Jacket
  • Purple Boatneck
  • Skinny Jeans
  • Low Brown Boots
I decided to try something new today, and it didn't work.  I was reading the post over at Un-Fancy about how to wear ankle booties with socks.  I was nervous about this concept because it just seems so young and has a whiff of the 80s and all those pegged jeans I wore.

But, as I am trying to push myself a little, I thought I would try it with my not quite ankle boots.  So I rolled up my skinny jeans and put some socks on under them, leaving the rolled up part to  I was so undecided about how they looked that I took pictures and even asked the kids which they thought looked better.  Sam liked the rolled look, and Rae preferred the tucked in look.
As a side note, my kids have an amazingly good sense of fashion, so I often ask them about this stuff.  Although, I am starting to wonder about Sam.  In protest of me not letting him wear shorts in the winter, he has started tucking his pants into his City Line socks.  And he wore this for picture day.  Oh boy.

Anyway. After looking at the pictures, I decided that the rolled look made my legs look short, and well, I don't need that.  I also thought it made me look like a woman in my mid thirties trying to look young.  I don't need that either.  That's the thing about fashion trends, not all of them work for me, even if I want them to. I may revisit this in the next capsule when I pull out my actual ankle booties, which you will see worn for my special event on Saturday. 

No comments: