Monday, November 3

Fall 2014 Day 41

Monday
  • Cream polka dot cardigan
  • Lace shirt
  • Gray skirt
  • Black heels
I have decided that this is my work uniform - a pencil skirt and a cardigan.  It is something that I almost always feel good in and it looks polished.   My concept for the winter capsule is shaping up nicely. Too bad I have to wait until December 21 to really use it.

An unintended consequence of this capsule is that I realized that I am much more interested in simple, dainty jewelery than I realized.  In high school, I wore the same earrings and necklace every day. It was almost my signature.  Somewhere along the way, probably when I realized I could wear something other than gold for more than 5 minutes, I started collecting "statement" necklaces and big earrings.

Only I don't really wear them.  I much prefer things that are simple, but I want them to make a quiet statement on their own.  For example, here are one of my favorite pairs of earrings.
Simple, curvy pin earrings.  They were designed to be worn kind of cuffed to the ear, after going through the earring hole, but I prefer to wear them this way.  Looking at today's outfit, I think this necklace might be too bold.  I like the length, but maybe it needs to be thinner.  I think there will a little bit of jewelry on my Christmas list this year...

No comments: