Wednesday, September 16

2015 Fall Capsule Planning - Step 3

(I didn't like the sound of Stage 3 so I made it Step 3)

Step 3 for me is actually figuring out what I am going to wear. I managed to sneak in two chunks of time to work on this due to some odd shifts in our normal routine.

The first day I sat down and made a list, without looking at what I have as a first cut. I do keep some items in mind as I make the list, but I also try to make it my "ideal" wardrobe and identify where there are gaps, etc.




The second day, I took out everything from my closet and my storage box and threw it all on the bed.  Then I started sorting my clothing into the categories I listed here.  This is when I realized that I managed to forget an entire category - jackets.  Oops. 

For each category, I tried to identify items that fit in.  I had a lot of pieces I had put away last year that I had forgotten, so there were some nice surprises in there. I found a skirt that filled in the "skirt/dress" gap I had listed initially.  I also found some more casual/weekend wear tops that are nice to have.  Once I added in the jacket category, I realized that my item count is really closer to 40.  As much as I would love to add some new flats in, I really don't need them, so I am not going to buy any. :)

It looks like I am down to needing to shop for four to five things:
  1. A belt to wear with a tunic top I got. I am not entirely sure where I want to go with it, but we'll see what I can find.  Maybe something like this:
  2. A long sleeved shirt in either gray or white.  I'd prefer a gray so I can wear it under some jackets and sweaters without worrying about the cuffs getting gross.
  3. A new sweater. My inspiration is this outfit:
  4. A new "nice but casual sweatshirt" because the one I have has seen many years and I think it needs to go.  I am thinking something like one of these: 
  5. A top or two to go under cardigans that can also serve as a warmer weather (hopeful for a warm October!) wear since my casual tops are mostly long sleeved. 
  6.  
Once I am done shopping (this Friday, most likely), I will finalize my item count.

No comments: