Sunday, September 27

Fall 2015 Weekend 1

Outfits 5 and 6 


I realized that my fall capsule is a lot of blue, cream, and gray with accents of green, yellow, and purple thrown in.  I wonder if this will actually work for me in terms of having enough color.

Today's topic - Jeans.  Specifically how they look on my butt.  So yes, be prepared for pictures of my butt. 

(You were warned.)

One day while browsing the internet, I was sucked in by a click bait link about someone that tried on 30 pairs of jeans in one day.  Surprisingly, it was an interesting read.  She talked a lot about how jeans should really fit, especially if you want to avoid the "mom jean" look.  I was particularly surprised when she talked about the fit of plus size jeans and mentioned one of the brands I thought looked good on me as causing "mom jean" butt.  Being a skeptic, I filed the story in the back of my head for further research. 

When I went to buy my skinny jeans (I haven't actually worn those for the fall capsule yet), I decided to check out the article again and see if I could apply the principles in the article.  I decided to look for jeans with pockets that continued to the curvature of my butt, with pockets that weren't too spread apart, and for jeans that avoided the "upside down heart" without being baggy. I also took pictures, in the dressing room. Yeah, that was awkward. The fitting room attendant even offered to take them for me.  Awkward.

I did notice a difference when I got jeans that fit me right and loosely followed those tips. The skinny jeans looked less like I was trying to stuff a sausage into a casing.  They actually enhanced my booty.  And who doesn't want an awesome looking booty?

As much as I loved the effect, I wasn't ready to trash my other jeans and search for new ones.  I had just bought the jeans I was wearing in the spring after wearing out a two pair and had spent some money on them.  Plus the ones that ended up looking best on me (Seven7) aren't exactly cheap.

As I was shopping for the capsule, I happened across a sale that was offering $10 off for trying on pants and jeans and $25 off for buying them.  They happened to have the right brand in the right size, so I bought them. 

And so you can see what I mean, I present pictures of my booty.
The top picture is my original pair of boot cut jeans; the bottom picture is my new boot cut jeans.  I prefer the look in the bottom picture, for sure. I do still have one pair of the old jeans, in a straight leg style.  They fit a little better in the butt area, and frankly, I just didn't have the budget for a third pair of new jeans. 

I work hard for this booty (well actually, I work hard to have strong glutes to support a healthy lower back, but a nice looking butt is a fringe benefit), so I want it to look the best it can in pants!




No comments: