Wednesday, September 9

Fall 2015 Capsule Planning - Lessons Learned

Part of planning for each capsule has me looking at my past capsules so I can gather some "lessons learned."  That's what this post is all about.

Lesson 1 - I really really really really really missed my pencil skirts. 
There is something about skirts that add so much versatility to a capsule wardrobe.  Dresses, even the ones I can mix up with different cardigans, just don't work as well.


Lesson 2 - Try on EVERYTHING that is going into the capsule
I did a good job of really trying things on, but I also need to make sure that I plan a few outfits.  I think this might help me with those "odd" pieces that I only wear once or twice.

Lesson 3 - Experiment with color
I loved having color in my summer capsule, but I also know I need to remember to make sure all of the colors work together.  

Lesson 4 - Kitten heels and flats
Summer sandals just didn't do it for me.  Neither did the heels I picked.  I just couldn't deal with footwear.  This fall will focus on kitten heels and flats.  I still love to have tons of shoe options though.  :)  

Lesson 5 - Just because it was expensive doesn't mean I have to keep it
This is going to be the hardest.  I have been slowly weeding out things that I just don't love any more.  It is hard.  For example, I have an entire box of cycling clothing that I can't part with because I spent so much on it.  I also have tons of clothes that will fit me "someday".  Except, I don't know when that someday will be...

Lesson 6 - I need to allow myself some wiggle room.  
I am working on losing weight.  Yes, I said it.  (I hate the word diet.) Since I am approaching this the slow way, I don't think I will outshrink anything over the next 3 months, but I do need to remove that mental block of not being able to replace things that don't fit.  My three rules: 1) I only get to shop on the last day of the month 2) replace like with like and 3) one in one out.

No comments: