Friday, September 4

Hello, Again

I have a confession, perhaps I should call it a Capsule Confession.

My summer capsule sucked.

It didn't suck because of what I chose to include or the incredibly hot first two months of summer. It sucked because I was horrible at keeping to the capsule concept.

It started innocently enough. It was too hot to wear the jean shorts, so I needed something else.  I decided that high heels are just too hard for me to wear to the office, so I needed more flats.  There was a party that was going to include dancing in 90 degree weather, so I clearly needed a fancy tank top.  I got really busy at work and earned all this extra money, so I needed to reward myself with new shoes. 

So many of those "I needed" when really, I didn't.  It just snowballed from there.

Maybe I just needed a break.  Maybe I just lost my mojo.  It wasn't my prettiest summer. 

(I mainly did stick to the core clothes I chose for the summer, but so many pieces went unworn. It was just a weird capsule.)

As the fall capsule is only about 2 weeks away (I officially start planning on Tuesday!), I think it is time to return to the blog.  Apparently I do need the accountability, even if no one reads it.

I think I will start with some posts about my planning process, get myself back into the full groove. 

No comments: