Monday, September 14

Fall 2015 Capsule Planning - Stage 2

It is time to move onto Stage 2.  I have no idea when I am going to really have time for Stage 3 (looking at everything in my closet and seeing what I need to add to the wardrobe), but I will try.

(Note to self - next year make the switch in August or October.)

I spent about 30 minutes yesterday going through my "saved" clothes.  These are things that I spent a lot of money on (How do I have so many cashmere sweaters?) or things that I will fit into "some day."  I am proud to say that I am down to 1 box (from 2).  Most of it is stuff that I am very close to wearing again.  I only have a few "some day" pieces now.

Next up is a lovely graphic:
(yes I made a pie chart)

Now that I am in the office 5 days a week, I needed to re-check my distribution of work/casual clothes.  Turns out that since I change into lounge clothes or workout clothes most evenings that I also work, my casual wear and work wear hours per week are almost identical.  Because lounge wear/sleep wear and exercise wear don't actually count toward my capsule, this means that I should have a pretty good balance between work outfits and casual outfits.

No wonder I was really struggling this summer with not feeling like I had enough variety on the weekends.

No comments: