Friday, March 13

Winter 2014/2015 Outfits 44 through 47

Almost the end of my winter capsule


And I am really starting to feel it.  I don't know how people that do 2 capsules a year actually do it.  It isn't that I just don't love my stuff.  It is more that I just need a switch, a change, something new.  This may be why I have a shopping problem.  ;)

Since I am basically wearing the same stuff over and over again (want to know what I wore on Wednesday?  Look at last week. The Exact. Same. Outfit.), I am not going to bore you with any pictures of outfits next week.  Unless I come up with something really amazing.

Instead, I will present my Spring Capsule!  The first day is next Friday!  I am adding in two more colors and trying to pare down the number of pieces.  I am aiming for 36, but might have to go to 40.  I am definitely worried about the weather the spring will bring us, so I am having trouble finding the balance between cooler weather items and warmer weather ones.  I also felt like I was lacking on the casual items a bit this last time, so I need to factor that in.

I am also fighting the urge to just start over completely with my wardrobe.  I know.  There is no need for that. I have pieces I LOVE. I just want to LOVE all my pieces.  That's what this whole capsule adventure is about, right?  It has definitely gotten me thinking about my "ultimate capsule" and where I want to end up.  I think it is pretty simple:
  1. Wardrobe of basics that carry over from season to season - work skirts, jeans, work pants, etc.  These will be investment pieces, things that I spend money on because I will be wearing the heck out of them.  I expect this to be at least 75% of my capsule items.
  2. Fun pieces that I switch out.  These will be trends that I want to try out, and consequently, things I spend a lot less money on.
Now, I just need to develop a path to get me to this ultimate capsule.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you've already chosen your Spring capsule, but for the future, I wonder if you could mentally start over by assuming NOTHING stays in, and seeing what you *have* to keep from your current wardrobe. That'll probably help you see what you really love, and then you can decide what else is needed and how much you're willing to buy.

I am a few days from swapping to Spring (which contains at least 50% of the Fall/Winter stuff) and I'm still not sick of my clothes. I'm not sure how or why that happened, because I love to shop, but I'll take it :)