Sunday, December 14

Winter Capsule Part 1

Not much of a weekend update here.  I did wear my uniform again - skinny jeans with brown cowl neck sweater and gray converse.  Since we've seen it all before, I thought I would start outlining my winter capsule.  

The biggest lesson I learned is that I need color and I need those colors to work together.  This winter, I am focusing on 3 colors - yellow, purple, and blue - along with neutrals.  Today you get to see the yellows and creams:



1. Airport Greeting Cardigan*
2. Yellow Tunic Top
3. Cream Sweater
4. Cream Polka Dot Cardigan
5. Cream Shell*
6. Tan Motorcycle Jacket
7. Cream Thermal (forgot this one!)

The Airport Greeting Cardigan and Cream Shell are both new.  I discovered the Airport Greeting Cardigan while looking for coats on Mod Cloth.  I am very excited about this piece!

I decided that shells that replaced my camisoles are countable items because they are strictly worn under cardigans and jackets.  These are shirts, not undershirts. This one is hard to see here, but it is a layered shell with a nicer material on top.  I also have one in gray. :) 

All the other items were in the fall capsule.  The cream sweater is the only item in this group that I went back and forth on.  I wear it and generally like it and it is great for those cold days.  I guess we'll see just how much I wear it. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing what you've picked. My winter capsule is too neutral. I have grey, white, black and pops of red. I might add some scarves for color. But I've been working it for the last month and I'm pretty happy with it. I've also got blue it. I love that mustard color. I have a cardigan in that color.

adrianne said...

Thanks!

I see so many neutral capsules and they look good! Neutrals make the whole capsule thing easier to implement; so much easier to mix and match.

I think my capsule is still made up of 60% neutrals, which you will see. I am trying to experiment with pattern and texture in those.

Unknown said...

ooh, tell me what you think about that cardigan after you've worn it a few times. I really like it!

I also need color, so for winter I actually pulled out a few of my summer T shirts that I can layer. I'm feeling a lot better about it now.