Thursday, December 18

Winter Capsule Part 3

And the Blues...

1.  Blue Mod Shirt*
2. Jean Skirt*
3&4. Blue Booties* and Blue and Gold Heels
5. Navy Dress*
6. Teal Jacket
7. Blue and Black Shirt*
8&9. Skinny Jeans and Straight Leg Jeans
10. Chevron Shell*
11. Blue Houndstooth Cardigan*

This is by far the largest color category in my capsule.  That's partly because shades of navy are really a neutral, but also because if I am looking for things in yellow, purple and blue, blue tends to be the easiest to find.

Even though several of these pieces (7 of the 11 pieces) are new to the capsule, I actually pulled them out of storage.  The skirt, the booties and the sweater were all tucked away.  I actually wore the booties with the navy blue dress for my friends wedding reception.  I wore the houndstooth sweater for family pictures. Clearly these were pieces that I wanted to wear, so I brought them in for the winter.

I can't say anything but good things about the navy dress.  I got it from eshatki along with two other dress (one of which made it into this capsule and the other is reserved for fancy occasions).  For those of you not familiar with them, they design dresses in a certain look and fabric and you can just buy it in a standard size.  Now, if you are like me and wear two to three different sizes, here is where eshatki shines - you can get a custom dress for $7.50 more.  Sure it takes 10 days more, but honestly, it rocks.  The customization doesn't just stop at your measurements - you can shorten or lengthen the hem and sleeves, you can choose to have embellishment left off or have pockets added or taken out.  It is a way to get a dress you truly love.

I have gotten so many compliments on my three custom dresses and I am convinced it is because they actually fit.  More and more designs and fabrics are added every day, so I will definitely be back for other pieces. (I did not get paid for this, I just really love them.  Though if you do want to order a dress from these folks let me know and I can send a referral link.  You get $20 to spend and so do I.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you take your own measurements for eShakti? I've been meaning to try them but the measurement thing is holding me back.

adrianne said...

I did take my own measurements. I needed help with one or two from Yifan - arm length and the distance across my back/width of shoulders. Otherwise, it was pretty easy. I think they have a guideline/image.