Tuesday, October 14

Fall 2014 Day 21

Work Day and Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
  • Red pencil skirt
  • Blue striped shirt
  • Brown Cardigan
  • Brown Boots

This skirt is red, I promise!  Not sure what was with the lighting this morning.

I am really trying with this skirt, but it is SO hard.  I feel like I don't have a lot of options of tops to wear with it.  I think this one might not make it into the winter capsule.  I think I would be better served with a versatile black dress.

I purposely limited my brown work clothes because it let me drop a pair of heels and because I really don't wear brown to the office that much.  When planning my capsule, I figured that I could wear my other heels (red or blue) or my brown boots (like I am doing today) on that rare occasion I wanted to wear brown.  That plan works most of the time; I just don't know if it is fully working here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the skirt because it's different, but I get what you're trying to do. But I'll always vote for more bright color! :)

Unknown said...

I found your blog from Anandi's link and I really like your outfits. I bought red "Statement" pants for my fall capsule and I just searched on pinterest for ideas on what to pair them with - I agree they mainly go with neutrals, but I love the pop of color they add. You should pair it with that black polka dot blouse you have - it's totally cute!

adrianne said...

You are completely right, Alissa (thanks for reading!). I forgot about the polka dot shirt with that skirt. I guess I will have to give it another go!