Thursday, October 23

Fall 2014 Day 30

Today's outfit is an experiment
  • Purple dress
  • Cream polka dot cardigan
  • Black boots
An experiment in color.  I know that in my next capsule, I want more colors that work together.  I also know that this means I am going to have to get some of my basic pieces in something other than black, denim, or brown.  Before I go investing in that, I want to make sure that I am ok with mixing and matching.

In my head?  I am awesome at this.  I will wear colors that coordinate, but don't really match. I will mix patterns in a way that is cool and fun.

In reality? I am not feeling confident in those abilities.  I think somewhere along the way, I lost my ability to go outside the box.  I find myself wearing so much black and denim.  I find myself afraid of outfits that have more than one color.

As I was thinking about my outfit last night, I realized that I needed to get creative.  I knew I was going to start with the purple dress, but I wasn't sure what I was going to add to it.  My first instinct was this cardigan and my blue heels.  I had a back up, too - the brown cardigan and blue heels.  When I got ready this morning, I realized that maybe the heels were too much, so I switched to the boots.

So how do I feel?  I love this.  It is fun and playful (those are orange and gray argyle socks under my boots and yes, they are going to show all day), but the silhouette is still classic. I do think I could have managed the heels with it, but it is wet and my body is a little sore (Yay for Yin Yoga tonight, which will help so much!), so the lower heels on the boots helps.

I think I am on the road to finding my clothing mojo again.

    No comments: