Monday, October 13

Fall 2014 Day 20

Monday, work day and a long one at that.
  • Blue Pattern Dress
  • Black boots

One Monday a month, I have a meeting that I need to attend so YY takes the kids to school.  I try to take advantage of this to either get extra hours or if I have a week where I know I will be in and out of the office, get my hours in early.   This week it is the latter; I have lunch with a friend, parent-student-teacher conferences, mini-piano recital, girls night out and our anniversary mini celebration.  All this on top of our usual school/work/soccer/piano/Chinese school schedule.  Getting in early really helps with all of that.  :)

I bought this dress, without trying it on or even seeing it in the store, as a means to push myself into more patterns and different silhouettes. I really do like the dress, but I find that it is just one of those dresses that I only wear every 2 weeks or so because it is hard to change it up.  I am going to have to get creative if it is going to stay in a capsule.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A bright colored scarf might work to change it up, just one solid color since the dress is patterned. Like one of those "infinity scarf" things?

adrianne said...

I have such issues with scarves. They are so hard for me to wear since I have broad shoulders and extra volume up top. I have some scarves that might work, so I will have to try!